Once a case has been started, the Office of Administrative Hearings will mail you a Scheduling Order that sets the date and time of the hearing.
Please read the information in the Scheduling Order carefully as it will tell you how to prepare for the hearing and what information you may need to file before the day of the hearing.
All hearings are being conducted by telephone or video conference. Please refer to your Scheduling Order for information on how to access your hearing. OAH understands that hearings by telephone or video conference are less than ideal; however, this cannot be avoided as we try to protect one another during the pandemic. So, we ask your cooperation in the following ways:
- Because the ability to send and receive regular mail may be limited during the pandemic, please make all efforts to communicate with the OAH electronically through [email protected] or the above phone numbers during normal working hours: 9 am – 5 pm.
- Where possible, please include an email address and a phone number at which you can be reached, so OAH staff can reach you quickly and most effectively as the need arises.
- If you do not have or cannot provide an email address or a phone number at which you can be reached, please call these numbers for additional assistance.
- Please understand that the technology is not perfect and that OAH staff, including the Administrative Law Judges who hear your cases, are working to make the experience as effective as possible. So, your patience is appreciated during this difficult time.
- If you would prefer not to have a hearing by telephone, you may request that OAH postpone your hearing to a time when in-person hearings are authorized to resume. An administrative law judge will then decide whether to conduct your hearing by telephone or postpone the hearing. However, please note that OAH may not resume in-person hearings for quite some time.
The telephone numbers below can be used to reach Clerk’s Office representatives for different case types:
Public Benefits: (202) 671-0055
Department of Public Works: (202) 727-8284
Unemployment Insurance Benefits: (202) 442-8175
Enforcement Agency Cases (DCRA, DOH, DOE, etc.): (202) 724-4904
Additional information about all other cases, call (202) 442-9094