OAH is open on a modified operating schedule at least until April 27th and all employees must telework. This requires that the agency prepare for and conduct REMOTE prioritized hearings for Public Benefits or Unemployment Insurance applicants/recipients where benefits have been denied or cut.
These hearings will recommence the week of March 30,2020 and will continue as hearings by telephone until further notice. All other hearings, except emergency hearings as designated by the Mayor, are cancelled through April 10,2020. OAH will notify litigants as these resume.
However, ALL hearings will be conducted by telephone until further notice.
Additional information about how this process will work for Public Benefits cases can be obtained by calling (202) 671-0055.
Additional information about how this process will work for Unemployment Insurance Benefits cases can be obtained by calling (202) 442-8175.
For additional information about all other cases, call (202) 442-9094.
OAH understands that hearings by telephone are less than ideal; however, this cannot be avoided as we try to protect one another during the pandemic. So, we ask your cooperation in the following ways:
- Because the ability to send and receive regular mail may be limited during the pandemic, please make all efforts to communicate with the OAH electronically through [email protected] or the above phone numbers during normal working hours: 9 am – 5 pm.
- Where possible, please include an email address and a phone number at which you can be reached, so OAH staff can reach you quickly and most effectively as the need arises.
- If you do not have or cannot provide an email address or a phone number at which you can be reached, please call these numbers for additional assistance.
- Please understand that the technology is not perfect and that OAH staff, including the Administrative Law Judges who hear your cases, are working to make the experience as effective as possible. So, your patience and good humor is appreciated during this difficult time.
- If you cannot participate in a hearing by telephone or do not want to, you must advise us and OAH will reschedule your hearing to a time when in-person hearings are authorized to resume.