Sorry, you need to enable JavaScript to visit this website.


Office of Administrative Hearings

Click this link to access the eFiling Portal:


The D.C. Office of Administrative Hearings (OAH) is an independent agency that serves as an administrative court. An "administrative court" is part of the executive branch of government and specializes mainly in cases involving government agency decisions and actions against individuals. As an independent agency, OAH is separate from the agencies involved in the decisions or actions and is neutral in every case.

OAH is created by District law and is given authority to hear and decide only certain types of disputes. A court’s authority over a disputed case is called “jurisdiction.” If you want to learn more about the laws that give OAH jurisdiction over certain cases and govern how OAH operates, visit the Rules & Laws page.

The Help page is here to answer common questions about particular types of cases under OAH’s jurisdiction. To find the information you need, click on your case type or category from the list below. If you do not see the type of case you are looking for, click on “Other” at the bottom of the list.

If at any point you have questions or don’t understand something, you can contact the OAH Resource Center by calling (202) 442-9094 and pressing “4” from the main menu, or by emailing [email protected].

Click here if you have an issue involving the D.C. Office of the Attorney General Child Support Services Division (CSSD) and the collection of allegedly past-due child support.
Click here if you have an issue regarding a fine for violating a D.C. law or regulation. This includes a Notice of Violation from the Department of Public Works (DPW); a Notice of Infraction from the Department of Buildings (DOB) or other D.C. agency; or a taxicab or for-hire vehicle ticket.
Click here if you have an issue involving student discipline or residency, or if you have a dispute over payment of a special education services invoice.
Click here if you have an issue involving unemployment benefits, paid family leave benefits, public sector workers’ compensation, or a wage/hour dispute.
Click here if you have an issue involving firearm registration or a concealed pistol license.
Click here if you have an issue involving Medicaid, the Elderly and Persons with Physical Disabilities (EPD) Waiver Program, or the DC Healthcare Alliance Program.
Click here if you have an issue involving rental housing (e.g., rent increase, security deposit, services or facilities, or conversion or sale of rental units) or a condominium (i.e., structural defect warranty, rejection of condominium registration application, cease-and-desist order, or revocation of a condominium registration).
Click here if you have an issue regarding a shelter or a rental assistance program, such as the Family Re-housing Stabilization Program (FRSP) or a Rapid Re-housing or Permanent Supportive Housing program, among others.
Click here if you have an issue regarding Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) benefits, formerly called Food Stamps.
Click here if you have an issue regarding Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF), Program on Work Employment and Responsibility (POWER), or General Assistance for Children (GAC) benefits.
Click here if you do not see your specific case category or type above.