Accessing Webex Hearings at the Office of Administrative Hearings
Dialing into a Webex Hearing:
- To connect to a Webex hearing, dial OAH’s dedicated Webex telephone number: 1-202-860-2110. You must dial “1” before the area code even if you are calling from a 202-area code telephone number.
- When you dial the Webex number, you will hear: “Welcome to Webex. Enter your access code or meeting number followed by #.” Enter in the 9-digit access code listed on the Scheduling Order. Below is an example of what an OAH Scheduling Order may look like.
- After you enter the Access Code, you will hear: “Enter your attendee ID number, followed by #. If you do not know your attendee number, press # to continue.” Simply press #.
- You will then hear a beep that indicates you have successfully connected to the hearing.
Conclusion of Webex Hearing:
- At the conclusion of the hearing, simply hang up. If the ALJ ends the Webex meeting, you will hear: “Thanks for using Webex. Visit our website at www.webex.com.” The call will drop right afterwards.
Dialing into Webex Hearing Before the Presiding Judge Begins It:
- If you attempt to dial into the Webex hearing before the ALJ has started it, you will hear: “The meeting has not yet started. If you are the meeting host, enter the host pin, followed by #. If you are not the host, press #.” Simply press #.
- You will then hear: “The host has not joined the meeting. Please standby.” Music will play until the ALJ begins the Webex.
- When the ALJ starts the Webex, you will hear: “Enter your attendee ID number, followed by #. If you do not know your attendee number, press # to continue.” Simply press #. You will not hear a beep, but you will be live in the Webex hearing.
- Make sure to connect to the Webex hearing at the date and time listed on your Scheduling Order.
- If you call into the hearing using a cellular phone, make sure the signal strength where you are making the call is strong. Make sure to call from a quiet environment as loud background noise could hinder how the hearing participants can hear you.
- If you experience difficulty connecting to the Webex hearing, use the below telephone numbers to connect to the Legal Assistants assigned to your case type:
- Public Benefits (DHS, SHEL, DHCF, DDS, etc.): (202) 671-0055
- Licensing and Enforcement (DCRA, DOH, DOEE, etc.): (202) 724-4904
- Department of Public Works: (202) 727-8284
- Unemployment Benefits: (202) 442-8175
- Public Sector Workers' Compensation, Paid Family Leave Benefits, or Wage/Hour Dispute: (202) 442-7644
- Rental Housing: (202) 442-7644
- D.C Public Schools: (202) 442-7644
- If you cannot connect to an OAH staff member, and you miss your hearing, you may request a new hearing date. Send your request for a new hearing date to [email protected]