A LINK TO THE VIRTUAL HEARING ROOM CALENDAR IS FOUND AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE UNDER "VIRTUAL HEARING CALENDAR"
All Vehicle Inspection Officers and drivers will appear remotely via Webex for DFHV hearings.
Below are the requirements and rules for OAH remote hearings.
Technical Requirements for Remote Hearings
- Must have fast and stable Internet connection.
- Must have a video device, such as a webcam on a computer, a phone, or a laptop.
- Must have a microphone, or the ability to dial into a number via a phone.
- Must have a valid, working email address.
- Must allow application/plugin installation for Cisco Webex Meetings.
To Ensure the Best Experience and Avoid Delays
- Participate from a location with good overhead lighting and where you can eliminate noise from other sources.
- Test your camera and microphone before you connect to the hearing.
- Avoid setting up your device in front of a window, as you will appear in shadow.
- Minimize interruptions by others in your environment.
Hearing Dress Code and Decorum
Remote hearings are an official court appearance and all hearing participants must dress and conduct themselves as if they are physically going into a courtroom. Business casual clothing is acceptable. Persons not dressed appropriately and/or who conduct themselves in an unacceptable manner will be asked to leave the hearing or be expelled. All remote hearing activity is subject to recording and broadcasting.
- Follow the administrative law judge’s instructions about when to speak to ensure all parties are heard.
- Be courteous and respectful to all participants.
- No profanity.
Preparing for your remote hearing
You must submit any documents or evidence that you would like the court to consider during your remote hearing at least five (5) days in advance of the hearing. This requirement also applies to law enforcement officers.
Attorneys must submit attorney appearance forms five (5) days in advance of the hearing.
You may submit evidence and documents by email to [email protected], by fax to (202) 442-4789, or in person at 441 4th Street, NW, Suite 450N. Please include your name, mailing address, telephone number, and the email address of the person filing the exhibits/documents. You must also include the ticket number, the case number assigned by OAH, or a statement that a case number has not yet been assigned. Please provide a brief description of exhibits/document. A filing that does not contain this information is subject to rejection.
The Day of Your Remote Hearing
On the day of your remote hearing, go to the DFHV Virtual Hearing Calendar (link below). Search for your name and ticket number, and then click on the assigned remote hearing room link. You will be placed in our virtual waiting room until the Administrative Law Judge starts the remote hearing.
You may connect to the remote hearing 15 minutes before the start of the hearing. If you appear late for the remote hearing, you may lose your case.
Virtual Hearing Calendar
- Click to view the DFHV Virtual Hearing Calendar