If you already have a case at OAH, you can use forms on this page to file various requests and notices as needed.
While these forms and instructions are designed to help make sure you complete all required steps for a filing, you should also look at the OAH Rules for filing requirements. You can find the OAH Rules on the Rules & Laws page. Important rules to follow include:
- Rule 2809 – Filing of Papers
- Rule 2810 – Identification of Parties
- Rule 2811 – How to Serve a Paper
- Rule 2813 – Motions Procedure
- Rule 2841 – Filing and Service by E-mail; Other Electronic Submissions
If a filing does not meet the requirements of the OAH Rules, the filing could be rejected.
Cover Sheet for Filing Exhibits and Motions
Any “exhibits” or “motions” you file with OAH must also be “served” on the other party.
- An exhibit is any document, photo, or other physical item you want to use to support your case.
- A motion is a request to the judge to take some action in your case.
- “Serving” means delivering, mailing, or faxing copies of your exhibits or motion to the other party in the case. If the other party has agreed in writing, you may also serve exhibits or a motion by email.
When you file copies of exhibits or a motion with OAH, you must include a signed statement to say that you served copies on the other party. This statement is called a “certificate of service.”
Note: If you are using one of the below forms to file a motion, there is no need to use the Cover Sheet. OAH’s standard forms include a Certificate of Service for you to complete, if one is needed.
Case Scheduling Requests
Case Information Requests
Notice of Party Representation
Consent to Receive Orders and Notices from OAH by Email
Case File and Hearing Recording Requests and Notices
If you do not see a standard form that covers your type of request or notice, you may use the Blank Submission Form. But be sure to follow the OAH Rules for motions procedure, service, and other rules that may apply.
If you have questions about the OAH Rules or how to use a form, you may contact the OAH Resource Center by calling (202) 442-9094 and pressing “4” from the main menu, or by emailing [email protected]